Rohantime

Itchy trousers in humid conditions

Post Itchy trousers in humid conditions
Hello,

I have a whole range of Rohan trousers, and to my disappointment most of them are itchy on the skin in hot humid conditions. This includes Envoy, Route, Escaper (really bad), Grand Tour Chinos (blue = itchy, beige = not itchy) and Fusions. Only my Essential DC, the beige Grand Tour Chinos and the Linen Plus are ok. I particularly cannot understand the difference between the blue and beige Grand Chinos. I am in China at the moment and have my two Grand Chinos, the Essential DC, the Envoy and the Linen Plus with me, and it is hot and humid (and the air conditioning in my room does not reduce the humidity sufficiently to properly dry my clothes). And I have tried hard to feel comfortable in Envoys and the blue Grand Chinos, attempted to ignore the sensation, since it is, of course, just imagination. As soon as I am in a properly air conditioned environment and the humidity drops, it is fine. May be someone can point out which Rohan trousers 'work' and which ones 'work not' in these climatic conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Rohan clothes, but the itchy trousers issue is extremely irritating when you spend 8 hours at Beijing airport in the transfer area.

Regards,

Dirk

01 Aug 2014 04:30

Post Re: Itchy trousers in humid conditions
Hello Dirk,

Thank you for your post.

We always value our customers taking the time to offer us their feedback, and I was sorry to read that you have had cause to be disappointed with your Rohan Trousers.

I can genuinly say that this is not an issue that I have ever come across before.

These are all different trousers, using different materials; we use technical fabrics which means that the yarn is close knit and should not produce any 'excess fabric' that would cause this irritation.

We would suggest that this does possibly look to be an isolated incident and we would be interested as to the wear and care of the items.

Please do give our Customer Service Department a call on 0800 840 1411, and we would be more than happy to discuss this in greater detail with you.

Best Regards,
Alexandra
Rohan Customer Services

06 Aug 2014 16:10

Hello Alexandra,

I do actually believe it is me and the trousers, me having a sensitive skin and the trousers resulting in an uncomfortable feeling on the skin in humid and hot conditions (may be itchy is not quite the right word). My wife has no problems for example with the Crossover trousers, which she has in two different colours. They feel similar to the Escapers that I have and which I will not wear again in hot and humid conditions. I would actually be surprised if there was nobody else out there who had a similar experience with Rohan trousers. I don't have this issue with cotton products, in fact I never had it until I bought my first On Route Rohan trousers and wore them in Sri Lanka.

BTW, we are in South Africa at the moment, dressed in Rohan gear from top to bottom (except for shoes) and the trousers are fine, but it is dry and cool most of the time.

Regards,

Dirk

26 Aug 2014 17:47

I find that whilst not itchy some of the material in the trousers can get warmer than others. I believe the use of synthetics has some impact and would love to see more mixes to get great wear and comfort.

03 Sep 2014 10:26

I find the same problem with all polyester clothes, not just trousers. That's why I keep on wearing my Rohan polyester/cotton gear, in favour of the newer fabrics. So itchy - even if they do wick moisture away.

10 May 2016 16:39

It’s interesting to read how different fabrics affect different people. I experience the opposite of Dirk and find Escapers to be great and Envoy trousers to be quite itchy, even in non humid conditions.

30 Jan 2018 09:46