Rohantime

Random Changes in the Rohan range?

Post Random Changes in the Rohan range?
I have been a long time Rohan user, both for work and leisure travel. I am dissapointec to see that often good products are phased aout and replaced by an inferior product.
*Eg Rohan poly cotton boxer shorts, I have 4 pairs, they wash overnight and are durable. But they are no longer available and have been replaced with stretch fabric pants which split in the crotch after a few weeks ( I have 2 pairs). In discussion with an assistant in a Rohan shop, apparently this is a known problem and shop staff also find the frequent range changes difficult.
*Rohan cold harbour overcoat. Can be worn with a suit, Appart from poor quality stitching on the buttons ( I needed to fix within weeks), it is great, looks smart and I have had mine for years. I would now like to replace, but there is no comparable product.
*Super lightweight tropical trousers. I know there are goas, but these are heavier and the wast band is not good (even the new one). Before there was a very light trouser with a belt. Sort of goa style. Can't remember the name, and I lost mine and wanted to replace.

Washing and drying overnight with excellent quality and packability is the core of Rohan, By all means continuously improve, but these frequent range changes seem to invent the wheel and some of the new wheels are square!
So, please; bring back Rohan boxers, cold harbour jacket and super light tropical weight trousers (with belt) and sell them also in the uk winter!. Thanks Peter

16 Dec 2015 13:01

Post Re: Random Changes in the Rohan range?
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your message.

I was sorry to read that you have been disappointed with the products available in our new season range.

After discussing this further with one of our designers, they have informed me that the Men's poly cotton boxer shorts that you refer to (which we do believe are our Clever Boxers), were removed from the range as they was not deemed to be commercially viable. We do trial new products but, unfortunately, other items in that range were found to be more popular at that time.

However, please be advised that for our Autumn Winter 2017 range, we are looking to offer a similar style boxer short.

I am pleased to tell you that we will be re-introducing the Cold Harbor Pee coat, for our Autumn Winter 2017 range. This will be a machine washable, technical wool coat, which will be based on the design of the previous season style. For future reference, please be assured if you do have any problems with our garments, we would be happy to help you here at Customer Services.

We will be introducing our new season Goa trousers for Spring Summer 2016, which are designed to be our lightweight travel trouser. Alternatively, if you did not find these to be a suitable style, i would recommend our Bags trousers, which have been in the range since the 1970's. These trousers have been extremely popular throughout the years, as are made from our airlight fabric.

I have attached a link below for your reference.
http://www.rohan.co.uk/mens-travel-and- ... e=03862116

Customer feedback is greatly appreciated and please be assured, your comments have been passed onto our Design Team for future reference.

I hope this information has been useful but if we may be of any further assistance, then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm Regards
Charlotte

16 Dec 2015 18:02

I'm with Peter re the Clever Boxers, I had 10 pairs and am now down to 6 pairs and would look forward to seeing them return.

As for Lightweight trousers, it may be worth trying the Escapers, they are lightweight and reasonably smart. Still available in the Souk.

17 Dec 2015 12:32

Totally agree - changes that seem to come back with an inferior product that does not fit properly with key features ruined. Its really sad to see as the products were so good.

29 Mar 2018 19:22