Rohantime

Pocket length

Post Pocket length
Long time, regular Rohan buyer here. I am just updating our wardrobes with some new trousers. Fourth pair of Grand Tour Chinos for him, and I'm going to try the Hometown trousers as they seem a pretty versatile work/travel style. I love the welt back pockets, the hidden stretch in the waistband (looks good), leg width just right, so far a classic pair of trousers.....then I get to the front pockets.
Why oh why are the internal pocket bags half way down my thigh? It was the same on my Rohan jeans, although the denim disguises it this material is much finer and the seam outlines are clearly visible on the outside, well below the hemline of my jumpers and tops. As soon as anything goes in them there's a big lump sticking out looking weird halfway down my leg right on the broadest part of my thigh. I guess there's more argument for bigger pockets on the jeans, and more so on the outdoor trousers, but this is a classic smarter style, and surely if you're travelling where you want a secret pocket, you don't want everyone to know that you've got stuff in your pocket. A security pocket is brilliant for a credit card, £20 note, ticket, passport at a push, but you don't need it bigger than that. It's twice the length of my iPhone, three times if I put it in sideways. It's then made even worse because I have the short leg length. Trousers hang neatest when the bulk of the pocket lies into the gap where the leg and pelvis meet, then I can pull my top down over my waistband and look neat and tidy, knowing my pockets are safe. Maybe get your designers to look at taking the women's pockets to the fly horizontally with a pocket stay, properly designed instead of just making things 'bigger'. I'm assuming this is just lazy manufacturing to use a standard pocket piece for all styles as they seem to be exactly the same shape and size as the pockets on my husbands chinos that are overall much bigger trousers.

28 Nov 2017 17:56

Post Re: Pocket length
Hi Celia,

Thank you for your post.

We honestly do appreciate customers offering us their feedback and I was pleased to see that you have been mostly happy with the purchase of our Hometown Trouser.

Our Hometown Trouser was a new trouser for us this season, and as with any of our styles, when we receive customer feedback, tweak and changes can sometimes be made.

That said, please be assured that all our designs are wear tested, before going into production, and extensive feedback provided.

Nevertheless, I have passed all your comments over to our Design Team for their attention and reference.

The do genuinely read and discuss all feedback, and I am sure they will be interested to read your comments.

Our Design Team does work seasons in advance and therefore, whereby we receive several similar comments, changes and alterations can take some time to come into effect.

Once again, we really do appreciate customer feedback, especially on such a new style.

If we can be if any further help, please do get back in touch.

Best Wishes,
Beth
Customer Service

01 Dec 2017 13:36